Happy November! Today, I’m sitting outside on our tiny balcony, just soaking in the clear sky and the crisp weather. One of my favorite monthly rituals is slowing down on the first day of the month and really taking it in. I try to wrap my head around what I’m going to do that month, and get myself in a place of gratitude, so I can fully live in the present–all while doing something appropriate/cliche for the season.
For example, July, I’m typically floating in a the middle of a pool. Hopefully with an adult beverage in the floaty cup holder. October, I’m ALWAYS drinking some sort of pumpkin spice coffee, and I might have a scarf on, weather permitting. November (today!) I’m burning a berry, cinnamon, and clove candle + making a silly holiday bucket list for my hubby and me. It’s a great day. :)
The first day of the month is also a time for me to pull out my goal sheets from Lara Casey, and make concrete plans. I highly recommend Lara’s goal sheets, if you’re looking for a way to track progress + goals.
I stumbled across this page that I filled out in August, and got super inspired all over again. Sometimes it helps to cut through the noise, and remember:
What fires me up?
- light infused film photography
- relaxed weddings
- beautiful, simple spaces
- my friends
- balanced living
- overcoming fear and helping others do the same
- nature–the beach, mountains, trees, clouds, sunsets
- my Savior’s love, passion, and purpose for me
- the idea of living somewhere new + experiencing something different
- a healthy lifestyle
- time to reflect and be quiet
- making music
- understated design
- dreaming with Aaron (my hubby)
- gratitude and trusting God no matter what
- acting from a place of authenticity
- putting together a great outfit
- getting things done
- living one part dream + one part reality
What fires you up? Make a list, and if you want to join in the conversation, leave your list in comments, down below.
A Day In The Office, For Photographers