*Photo credit: Half Orange Photography (Aaron and I had so much fun modeling for their workshop!)
Happy Friday & Happy March! :)
Since it’s March 1st, it’s time for–what else?–goals! We’ll be taking a quick break from our typical Friday post, Words for the Weekend, to chat personal/goal stuff.
As I was creating said list, however, I had a moment. I’m planning, planning, planning what I want to accomplish/see/do in the future, but I’ve also already done so much and reached so many goals. Have I taken the time to be grateful?
This is my prayer for myself, and for you, my like-minded, goal-loving, life-loving friends: May goal setting never become about empty achievements, bragging rights, and impressing others. May we always remember the root of why we set goals: to FULLY ENGAGE in this miraculous, beautiful, God-breathed life–with our gazes firmly fixed on eternity. May we always take time to reflect, savor, and be grateful. May we let past, present, and future exist in harmony, never focusing so much on one that it costs us the other two.
For me, that’s what goal setting should be all about. On that note, here are some of my goals this March:
- Officially register for the Nashville Rock’N'Roll Half Marathon on April 27th // SUPER YIKES!! P.S. Does anyone want to run it with me? :)
- Continue training for the halfsie // I feel like somewhere in the world, serious half-marathoners are giving me dirty looks for calling it a halfsie. :)
- Read The Compound Effect // Reread Evidence Not Seen // I was given Evidence Not Seen 10 years ago, on my 17th birthday, and it significantly shaped my life. If you’re looking for an inspiring story of faith, add it to your list! Also, on the note of books, I just have to say it: I tried to read The Happiness Project last month, and heavens, I did not enjoy it in the slightest. Am I crazy or did anyone else feel the same way? I thought I would just love it because I adore books about organization, living fully, etc. It’s rare that I come across a book I wouldn’t recommend, but The Happiness Project would be on that list.
- Unveil my website mini facelift // Gold + Neutrals + Feminine touches. You’ll love it!
- Photograph my 2013 brand-inspired styled shoot // This is a leftover goal from February, and it actually multiplied into four (!?) shoots scheduled throughout March and April. So. I’m going to have lots of pretty things to share once my film scans come back. :)
- Photograph my first wedding of the 2013 season // At Camp Lucy. With the sweetest couple EVER. Happy dance. :)
- Celebrate my 27th birthday with my handsome husband and dear friends in Austin // I truly can’t imagine anything better.
I hope you all enjoy your first day of March! What are your plans this month? Spring is right around the corner, and I can’t wait. :)