I love new beginnings. I’m going to treat February 1, 2013 as though it’s New Years day, okay? My January was all foggy, so I didn’t post goals. I know you were all devastated. :) I did, however, have January goals, and somehow despite the fog, they all got done. FIVE. BIG. THINGS.
QUICK JANUARY RECAP
- Begin pre-training for my half marathon. Translation: Be able to run for 30 minutes without stopping. Don’t judge me. I’m a newb. But I did it! :)
- Change my name. It’s disgraceful how long it took me to change my name (a year and three months), but when I got my new SS card in the mail, I made Aaron stop and give me a pick-up-spin-around hug. BECAUSE I’M OFFICIALLY A RECTOR!!! Caroline Joy Rector. Take that, life!
- Set a budget, and make some website/brand changes happen! New year, new vision, new look. The designs are being refined, and I’m excited to reveal my slightly new look in February. Nothing too crazy, but I think you’ll love it.
- Read a book (12 books in 12 months). This shouldn’t even be a “goal” anymore, because last year turned me into the biggest book nerd you’ve ever seen. However, I shocked even myself this month and ended up reading four books: Rework, Seven, Daring Greatly, and The Art Of Possibility. All absolutely amazing. If I had to pick a favorite though…I think The Art Of Possibility tops my list. But maybe just because I love all the classical music references. :)
- Prepare heart and mind to teach Branches & Light 2013. What do I even say?! It was the most enriching experience of my life. Opening up and begin vulnerable with a room of girls is slightly terrifying…but WORTH IT. I feel so changed and so grateful to have met such an incredible group of ladies.
ON TO FEBRUARY GOALS:
- Select the half marathon I want to run + start a training regimen. Also on the note of running, register for the Capitol 10k. Any of you Austin-ites running it? Let’s be running partners!
- Continue the name-changing process and get a new Driver’s License and Passport.
- Read more books! My main focus is to read Film Is Not Dead, but I’m probably going to re-read Fine Art Wedding Photography too. Can you tell it’s a film month for me? Sidenote: I am SO FIRED UP about this switch back to film! All I want to do is shoot these days. :)
- Photograph my 2013 brand-inspiration styled shoot. On film of course. Two shoot must haves: a classic car and gold glitter confetti. :)
- Take a road trip to Nashville (just the hubby and me) to refresh, renew our vision for the year, sing in the car, and enjoy the beautiful landscape. You better believe I’ll be all vintage-charming with my feet on the dash, and my 35mm camera around my neck. Ah, I’m such a romantic now. ;)
- Host a Valentine’s Day dinner party.
So that’s what I’ll be up to this month. And for good measure, here’s a photo of me, taken the other day when Aaron and I got to model for the Half Orange Photography workshop. (We snuck in some bio photos after the shoot. No way I was letting that good hair go to waste!)Goals, Personal