I’ll give you three hints:
1. This person makes the best banana pancakes you could possibly imagine.
2. This person does a Jay-Z impression that would make you think he’s in the building.
3. This person could be a J.Crew model.
It’s my husband! I’m already on a list kick, so let’s keep rolling with that, shall we? My top 5 things I love about working with Aaron:
1. Aaron is an incredible photographer–most likely due to the fact that he’s been a videographer and media producer for years. I never had to teach him how to shoot in manual, how to frame up a shot, or how to use light beautifully–he already knew all that, duh. :)
2. We can get twice as much done in the same amount of time. We split up so we can cover more ground and give proper attention to each part of the day–he photographs the guys getting ready while I photograph the girls, he photographs the guys portraits while I photograph the girls. You get the idea. :)
3. Repeat after me: Smooth-running family portraits. Get this–while I photograph one group, Aaron is efficiently composing the next group. We’ve worked out a brilliant rhythm that keeps family portrait time moving swiftly, and feeling enjoyable, relaxed, and stress-free. Aaron is wonderful at kindly and assertively composing groups so no one is wondering, “Where do I stand? Where do I go?”
4. We’ve been working together for so long that we can predict each other’s next move. Even if we’re across the room from each other, we can give just a nod or a look, and we both know who’s got the next angle covered.
5. Aaron is a great friend to the guys in the wedding. He knows how to make guys feel at ease in front of the camera, since he can relate, and he’s also a pro at pinning boutonnieres and folding pocket squares.
I know I said 5, but there’s just one more thing I have to add:
6. We simply love being around each other (he’s been known to grab me for a quick spin around the dance floor)–and we are at our best when we’re teamed up on a project together. Aaron brings out my strengths, supports me, challenges me to be the best I can be, and keeps me lighthearted.A Day In The Office, For Brides, Personal