It’s official! The holiday season is here and it’s officially time to start listening to Christmas music! I’m giddy. I love Christmas.
I sat in the living room last night trying to plan out everything I had to do in December. Christmas shopping, preparing to teach Branches & Light, designing albums, delivering wedding photos, the last marketing push before 2012, writing thank you notes for all our amazing wedding gifts, traveling for shoots and for family time…it’s a list that’s bursting at the seams!
I sat back from my list, sighed, and went upstairs. At first I was stressed. This is my favorite season ever, and I have to manage all this?! How will I enjoy it?
The joy is in the journey.
It’s something we hear oh so often. But it gives me great comfort to know that I can decide to find joy in all the tasks I have to do. And why in the world shouldn’t I? Every last thing on my to do list has a blessing with it.
- Christmas shopping will be a sweet memory that my husband and I share our first Christmas.
- Preparing to teach Branches & Light which is the most energizing thing I’ve ever done. I’m so grateful to get to encourage and build relationships with such talented ladies.
- Designing albums, delivering wedding photos, the last marketing push before 2012 — all things having to do with my business; I am blessed beyond blessed to do something I am passionate about for a living!
- Writing thank you notes for all our amazing wedding gifts because a miracle happened this year and I met the strongest and sweetest man, and married him! And then we were blessed enough to have friends and family come celebrate with us!
- Traveling for shoots and for family time — again, blessed to have work. Super blessed to have a loving family.